Commissioner For Oaths
Commissioner for Oaths are authorized to administer Oaths, Affirmations and Solemn Declarations. Our Commissioners for Oaths are appointed by the Government of Alberta – The Ministry of Justice and Solicitor General.
Affidavits are documents containing statements that are verified by the oath or affirmation of the person making those statements. An affidavit must be authorized by legislation which permits or requires the proof of certain facts by way of affidavit.
Statutory declarations are documents containing statements that are verified by the solemn declaration of the person making those statements. A statutory declaration is made pursuant to the Canada Evidence Act or the Alberta Evidence Act and is used in situations where there is no legislative authority for an affidavit.
Affidavits and statutory declarations are used for establishing legal rights and must be administered properly or the legal rights sought may be impaired or destroyed.
A Commissioner for Oaths does not administer the Oath to be true, merely the fact it has been administered properly.
What we can do:
- Administer Oaths/Affidavits/Solemn Declarations
- Witness of Signatures
- Change of Name Application
- Common-Law Union Statutory Declaration
- Single Status Declaration
- Land Title Transfer
- Commission of Forms & Declarations
- Lost/Stolen/Damaged/Destroyed/Inaccessible Passport or Travel Document Statutory Declaration
- Consent Letter for Children Traveling Abroad
- Letter of Invitation
- Professional Accountants applications for membership
- Real Estate application for License and Registration
- Any other documents that need signatures from a Commissioner for Oaths
- Please book an appointment by phone, email or online booking.
- A valid picture ID must be provided.
- If a witness is required, you must provide your own witness with their own picture ID.
- You need to complete the document yourself, and you will be responsible for the contents of the document.
- Do not sign the document and leave the signature field blank.
- Please contact us for our detailed Commissioner for Oaths Service Policy
LET US GUIDE YOU THROUGH
If you are not sure which service to choose, just click the button and we will guide you through.