Criminal Record Check
Criminal record checks are provided through use of your name and date of birth or by submission your fingerprints. If a certified criminal record check is required or if the name and date of birth inquiry matches an individual in the CPIC system submission of fingerprints to the National database becomes mandatory.
Criminal record checks, also referred to as police clearance, criminal background checks, criminal checks, police checks, police certificates or CPIC checks, are processed through the Canadian Police Information Center (CPIC) database. Results can be provided as early as the same day.
Applications must be completed in person in our office.
You must provide two pieces of valid government issued identification, at least one of which must be photo ID.
The following types of identification are acceptable:
- Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate
- Canadian Citizenship Card or Certificate
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Immigration Documents (Study Permit, Work Permit, Visitor Record, Landing Paper)
- Military Family ID
- Nexus Card
- Federal Government Employee ID
- Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)
- Health Care Card (Not all provinces accept health cards as valid government issued ID. Please refer to provincial regulations.)
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) can not be used as an ID.
- Expired identification can not be accepted.