WHO WE ARE
Edmonton Fingerprinting Services is a division of Check Made Easy Inc., and we are accredited by the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) branch of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to provide fingerprint-based Criminal History Checks.
In addition, we also provide name-based criminal record check/police clearance, and traditional ink & roll fingerprinting to obtain police certificate/criminal record checks from foreign countries.
For applicants living outside of Canada, we are accredited to digitize inked fingerprints to digital fingerprints and submit to the RCMP electronically to obtain a certified criminal record check/police certificate from the RCMP.
We recognize the importance of privacy and are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- What this Policy Covers: This policy covers our treatment of the personal information we collect from you.
- Purposes for Collection of Personal Information: Our company collects personal information for the following limited purposes: to evaluate potential clients to ensure the accurate performance of various services;
- How do we Collect Your Personal Information? We collect information only by lawful and fair means that are not reasonably intrusive. Wherever possible we collect your personal information from you, our client, directly at the start of our business relationship. We also collect the personal information of your employees, contractors and applicants through the performance of various services on your behalf.
- How is Personal Information Maintained? Our company does not sell, barter, trade or give away your personal information to third parties. For example, we do not provide our client mailing list to other companies. Our company stores and maintains personal information in conformity with the requirements of the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document Act” and the “Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information” created and approved by the Canadian Standards Association.
Edmonton Fingerprinting Services takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, phone number, email address, references and notes.
COLLECTING INFORMATION ONLINE
Collection of non-personal information:
While you visit our website, we gather non-personal data about your experience via the following ways:
· “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. They are not harmful to your computer or cannot compromise your personal information in any way, and do not contain viruses, spyware or malware. They are used to track long-term browsing history and store data on the types of information viewed on our website. They are not required for optimum use of our website. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
· “Google Analytics” reports website traffic to website owners and reports on many user factors, including session duration, pages per session etc. To opt out of Google Analytics tracking your information, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
· “Log files” track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), pages visited and date/time stamps.
· “Pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
We may collect Personal Data about you from the following sources:
· Data you provide: We may obtain your Personal Data when you provide it to us (e.g., where you contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means, or when you provide us with your business card).
· Relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you purchase a service from us).
· Registration details: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data when you use, or register to use, any of our sites, apps, or services.
· Third party information: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data from third parties who provide it to us (e.g., credit reference agencies; law enforcement authorities; etc.).
Edmonton Fingerprinting Services does not collect, sell, rent or otherwise distribute email addresses or any other information gathered in these ways. We also do not solicit or collect any emails and all discussions by email or phone are completely confidential unless we obtain written consent from you.
Edmonton Fingerprinting Services recognizes the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal information that we may have concerning our clients and other individuals associated with the firm.
HOW DO WE MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The staff of Edmonton Fingerprinting Services are aware of this policy and the importance of keeping your personal information accurate and secure.
Edmonton Fingerprinting Services endeavors to maintain proper:
· Security: Keep your personal information technologically and physically secure from loss, theft or unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Although our website is secure, we strongly advise against sending any sensitive legal information or personal details such as financial details via our online “Contact Us” form.
· Retention: Retain personal information only if required to meet the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE MAY PROCESS
· Personal details: family name(s); given name(s); preferred name; and photograph.
· Demographic information: gender; date of birth/age; nationality; salutation; job title/industry; and language preferences.
· Contact details: correspondence address; telephone number; email address; and social media account.
· Consent records: records of any consents you may have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
· Purchase details: records of purchases and prices.
· Payment details: invoice records; payment records; billing address; payment method; payment date; and records of cheques.
· Employer details: where you interact with us in your capacity as an employee, the contact information of your employer (including name, address, telephone number and email address) to the extent relevant.
· Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Data. Please ensure that any Personal Data that you send to us is sent securely.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement all reasonable measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet – any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Data that you send to us are sent securely.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data are kept accurate and up-to-date and are erased or rectified if we become aware of inaccuracies. If during our business relationship any of your information changes, please inform us of such changes and we will update our records accordingly. You may confirm the accuracy of your personal information by contacting us in writing at the address set out at the end of this document.
The criteria for determining the duration for which we will keep your Personal Data are as follows: we will retain copies of your Personal Data in a form that permits identification only for as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. We may retain your Personal Data for the duration of any period necessary to establish,
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Edmonton Fingerprinting Services may not use or disclosure the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
· As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
· In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
· In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
· As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
· As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Edmonton Fingerprinting Services.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay Edmonton Fingerprinting Services the one-time fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications).
Edmonton Fingerprinting Services allows customers to make payments on one-time basis. We accept the following methods of payment: Visa, Master Card, American express, Alipay, WeChat Pay. You will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established with us. Make sure to provide us with valid and updated credit card (debit card) information. Shall you decide to make your payment in advance please call or email us for an additional information. Please note we never ask for your credit card information over the phone, instead we provide you with the link by following which you can submit your payment securely.
A payment link is a way to request payment from customers who are paying for the services a traditional way in person. It’s essentially a “Pay Now” or “Pay Invoice” button sent to customers via email. Once those customers click the payment button, they’re taken to a payment page showing the amount due. They can securely fill in billing information, and the process is complete. Even when using a payment link, customers can choose from a broad range of payment methods and currencies.
If your service includes access to priority email support. All support will be provided in accordance with Edmonton Fingerprinting Services standard services practices, procedures and policies.
Refund policies may vary depending on the service you purchase, and we recommend you to review the relevant refund policy for the service you choose before your purchase and contact us for clarifications if needed. For any eligible refund, an official rejection notice and the original receipt are required. It’s the customer’s responsibility to make sure that all refunds must be requested within required timeframe upon the type of service purchased. If we decide to issue a refund, this will generally be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. Any payment made to you from Edmonton Fingerprinting Services will be given in Canadian dollars.
HOW DO WE RESPOND TO YOUR SPECIFIC PRIVACY CONCERNS?
If you have questions or concerns regarding your personal information or about this policy, please contact our head office:
Edmonton Fingerprinting Services
(A Division of Check Made Easy Inc.)
Address: Suite 208, 10109 – 106 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5J 3L7
LET US GUIDE YOU THROUGH
If you are not sure which service to choose, just click the button and we will guide you through.